Uses and Benefits of Cow Dung Pots
Anyone who buys plants knows that most nurseries sell the little saplings in plastic bags. Once the plants are transferred to mud or cement pots, the plastic bags are discarded. They either end up in landfills or are burnt – causing pollution and harming the environment.
Worse, many of these little bags simply fly around and land in grazing areas for animals. The animals ingest them and die from gastrointestinal problems as a result.
Cow dung pots are manufactured from cow dung that has been compacted and sun-dried into the shape of pots. Unlike plants that are planted in a plastic pot or bag, the plants that are started in a cow dung pot can be planted directly in the ground without having to disturb their root ball. Once the plant gets bigger, its root will have a nice manure package to grow into. The pots withstand water well as long as they are not rained on and are not moved while wet.
BENEFITS OF COW DUNG POTS
- It’s a biodegradable material.
- The plant grows faster in Cow Pots than in other / regular pots.
- Air Pruning and Root Penetration
- RENEWABLE and RECYCLED, this is an excellent alternative to plastic pots.
- Produced using Manure
- It’s biodegradable, fertile, and doesn’t pollute the environment in the manufacturing process.
- The pot’s water absorption rate is very modest, which prevents nutrient leaching.
- This can also be used to sow expensive seeds directly in the field for optimal germination and plant/sapling growth.
- The manufacturing and sourcing of these cow dung cups in the local area creates jobs.
- Once the plant gets bigger in the cow dung pot and needs to be transplanted into the
ground, there is no need to dig a deep hole. This pot with the plant can simply be placedat the designated spot and a small mound of mud created to conceal it.
HOW TO USE COW POTS
1. Filling the pots with more than half the soil.
2. Place your plant in the pot.
3. Put a little amount of water in the pots.
4. Regularly watery the plant with little amount of water.
The market for cow dung pots has been a steadily growing one. As demand grows we find so many providers for the same. We recommend checking out Holycow Lakshyam’s Cow Pot which is organic, odourless, 100% bio-degradable, and chemical-free. It will ensure that your plant grows better and are good for the environment. So, with let’s take a pledge to make a difference and get rid of plastics pots!